Monday 25 May 2009

A Creative Entrepreneur

Dear Mr. Mayor,

I came across an article about a creative entrepreneur who lives in your City and would like to bring this matter to your attention:

~ The Litter Guy ~

I strongly disagree with the City’s Volunteer Earth Day Clean-Up. If I were Mayor “The Litter Guy” would be a Union man, with paid benefits, paid vacation, a pension plan, a uniform provided by the City and there would be so many more like him. Actually, I do recall a time in our City’s not too distant past when that’s exactly what Litter Men were – PAID instead of volunteers – and I just don’t believe that there’s no money in the budget for this type of employment.

I don’t live in "The Litter Guy’s" neighbourhood but, if I should cross his path, I’ll be sure to give him a few dollars straight out of my line of credit.

Oh, by the way, Mr. Mayor, I was just a tad late paying one of my property tax installments and I was sent an invoice for a late charge in the amount of $20.00. I think that’s just a tad too much for a tax bill under $400.00? I actually considered signing up for the City’s deferred tax program and defer my taxes for three years, or until I find a job, so I don’t have to go into debt to cover the expense, but I decided to make the payment from my line of credit instead. Twenty Dollars! Well, that’s about two hours of my after-tax pay earned working on temporary assignments because of the severe job shortage in this City.

Hats off to “The Litter Guy”! Yes, we all have to eat.

Sincerely,

No comments: