Friday 28 March 2008

Fred and Barney

Meet my ex-bosses, Fred and Barney, trying to make it in the world of the Jetson’s. Couldn’t they have kept their jobs at the quarry?

Yes, that’s my ex-bosses. We had a spat and Fred threw me out of the office and told me to go home and my employment is now totally terminated. They have requested I sign one of those Release forms agreeing not to slander, divulge information and, the form stipulates, I have it reviewed by my lawyer. That was their request. That I have it reviewed by a lawyer.
`
I didn’t think I knew any information to divulge since that I only worked in administration and covered Reception for a year. What do they think I know? I didn’t have access to confidential information.


Well, after reviewing it with my lawyer I realized the Release was totally one sided. There was no guarantee that they would also not slander or divulge information about me. Apparently this is not part of the standard Release form. I wonder why? Considering who my ex-bosses have ties with, they can really do damage to me and make sure I never work again if they slander me. On the other had I don’t know anyone to slander them to that would make a dent in their reputations.



I don’t want to sign the Release but my lawyer advises it. I think it's an intimidation tactic.

I decided to call EI to ask if this was a necessary measure before a record of employment is issued. No, it’s not. As a matter of fact, since I am unable to secure this document they will do their part and contact the employer themselves. All I had to do was complete the necessary form and provide proof that I was employed by them.

I’ve already been without an income for two months now. How time flies! We’ll wait and see if EI comes through. `

`

Remember this one?

No comments: